Conversations for Change Fall 2018
Want to more effectively listen and connect with others? If God is calling you to serve relationships, this course is for you. You will be more equipped to minister others, whether you serve on a care team, missions team, church staff or serve in a program like Celebrate Recovery, Grief Share, re|engage, Divorce Care, or lead a small group. This course is interactive, biblical, practical, and fun. It is built on the premise that only the Holy Spirit transforms, but we can learn to engage people in transformational conversations. By the end of this course, you will be confident and competent to have healthy, challenging conversations and help people move forward in a powerful way.
Note: The price of this class has just been reduced!
* Ask your church about sharing the cost with you. Contact us to see if your church is on the list to help you pay for this opportunity!!
This class will be on Monday evenings from 6:15-8:30 pm CST. The class will begin on September 10 and end on October 22.
Note: There will be no class on 10/8.
At completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Distinguish between a need for a coach, counselor, discipler, mentor, friend, consultant
- Discern how to lean into the Holy Spirit during a session
- Assess how open to change someone is
- Clarify the difference between transactional and transformational
- Access the building blocks of coaching to make you a competent conversationalist
- Understand how to effectively listen, ask powerful questions, and connect with those you care about
- Unpack the sin cycle and the power of habits
- Assess your own DISC personality and why personality matters in conversations for change
- Grow your emotional awareness and help others increase theirs
- Establish your boundaries & clear expectations with those you work with
- Identify how you can effectively motivate others
- Distinguish between extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
- Grow your own relationships, and help people develop their relationships
- Serve your church and community with your refined skills for transformational conversations
Course Expectations: Each week there will be homework both to grow your knowledge and also to practice what you are learning. Expect to “try out” your new skills on those you care about each week. Estimate 2 hours of reading, watching videos, and talking with others.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 12 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 4
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes